Monday, April 20, 2009

Happiness

The song I've posted below is called "Happiness," by Riceboy Sleeps. The band is composed of two Icelandic guys, one of whom happens to be the lead singer of the incredible band Sigur Ros. If you know anything about Sigur Ros, you know they have a tendency of creating ethereal, expansive music that is nothing short of beautiful. The work of Riceboy Sleeps is no different, aside from the fact that there is no singing.

I have many definitions of "happiness," though it's not something easily defined; it looks like many things, sounds like many things, and feels like many things. But Riceboy Sleeps comes pretty close to realizing "happiness" in this song, and in their visual art (see above and below.) Their expression of "happiness" is mesmerizing, yet simple. It's in a sound and it's in a picture, but also reminding that it's everywhere.

I too find "happiness" in art, as I've made clear before. I appreciate reminders like these, though.

No comments: