Friday, May 2, 2008

Hooked

Ever have those times in life where you get completely addicted to something? You know, where every day you wake up looking forward to partaking in that one thing? I'm not talking about life-controlling sin-like stuff - surely all of us have those downfalls. I'm talking about the silly, meaningless stuff that God probably just laughs at us about (as in it doesn't dictate our life, it's just a colorful quirk.)

This one time, freshmen year, I had to have at least one bowl of fruity pebbles every night. Swear to you.

Another time, I had to watch an episode of 'Futurama' every day at lunchtime. Seriously.

Recently I picked up doing crosswords. I don't really know how it came about; Katie and I got a book of them for spring break, and I never looked back. I do at least one every day; I am literally, at this moment, itching to get a hold of today's Post so I can do the crossword. Kind of pathetic.

But it gets worse. At work, we have a stack of old Posts from the last quarter or two that we save. I kid you not, I've taken to digging back in the archives for old crosswords, so long as I've completely spent the current day's edition.

I do them at work, I do them in class; I've even been finding corners of baker to hide in between classes to sit and enjoy my crossword.

We are creatures of habit.

I just can't figure out why I don't habitualize myself to more beneficial activities.

1 comment:

paul said...

wow... if you are going to get addicted to something... Fruity Pebbles and crosswords are pretty good.